Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Furniture Market July 2008





One of the great things about living in Vegas is that furniture market is twice a year and my parents come down for a few days. Mom, Dad, Jim, Margie, Ed and Deanna rolled into town on Sunday night and I had them all over for dinner. I went to Market with them Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday....I couldn't pass us getting some free lunch. It was actually fun to hang out with married people. It seems like I'm always around single people. Monday night the market had Rod Stewart playing so I joined the old people at the concert. I was actually surprised that I knew all the songs he sang...slightly embarrassing. I did have one experience that was new to me. I went to use the restroom and I shut the door and put my purse on the hook and got the toilet seat cover all arranged and even before I could get my pants undone someone came into the bathroom and was already peeing. I thought that must be the fastest pants getter downer I've ever met and I want to see the feet that title belongs to, well...I looked under the stall door and lo and behold the feet were facing the wall!!! I was so embarrassed for the poor man that was in the women's restroom. I saved him the embarrassment by staying in my stall until he was done washing his hands and had walked out. I did verify that the sign did say women's and the lack of urinals.

2 comments:

Deatry Fam said...

I was down in las vegas for furniture market to. My in-laws own northern furniture in Tremonton and we go every year. I should have called you but totally spaced you would be there.

edee sweeney said...

Oh My! What a surprise to see Mom and Dad Kleyn on Jamie's blog...it is a sad day when you find out where your parents have been based on concert photos on the web (I thought it was suppose to be the other way around!). At least they have their clothes on!